When proceeding MIG / MAG welding gun trouble is easy to happen even with skilled craftsmen, beginner welding is more likely to happen. The most common error is to set the wire speed, wrong weld current leads to failure welding …
For semi-automatic MIG welding, a pistol grip similar to a pistol, has a curved or arched base, consisting of a contact conduit for converting the welding current to the electrodes, air ducts and ducts. Direction of airflow around the arc and puddle, gas or circulating air coolers, switches for closing and disconnection of welding currents, wire feed and protective gas flow.
1. nozzle: Air trapping helps direct the airflow around the arc and the weld pool.
2. Contact tip: The part used to fix, hold, align welded wire.
Insulated neck: The curved neck allows the welding gun to easily reach the welding position.
Trigger: Switches the welding current, wire load, airflow protection
Tourch body: The gun body is covered by an insulating layer.
6. Gas supply tube: Gas supply tube.
7. Torch liner guiding filler wire: Welding wire.
8. Armored tour cable: The cable protects the welded pipe, gas supply, or cooling water.
In some designs a wire harness can be fitted to the weld bead through a flexible tube from a distal coil or combined with a normal wire feeder to form a pull-wire feed system. This welding gun can work with steel or aluminum wires of small diameter (0.8-1.6mm).