1. Adjust the welding machine
For each machine there are different adjustments, but in principle, the following three parameters: arc current, the amount of gas protection, the amount of gas cooling. These parameters are controlled independently on the control panel and are operated before powering on.
2. Handle the fuses:
Because in the welding machine there are many connections between the welding machine – equipment supply – welding torch should ensure the following rules:
– Perform a pressure reducing valve and protective gas flowmeters, like pressure reducing valves in gas welding.
– Before connecting the equipment, make sure the machine is turned off and the valves are fully closed.
– Electrical connections must be clean and tight.
– Remove all water in a safe place so that water does not flow to the floor and the machine
– The conductor should be placed in the proper position so as not to be ignited by the arc spark, avoiding the welder’s path so as not to be kicked.
3. Operation of the basic welding machine:
– When turning on the machine, place the torch far from the welding material so that they do not cause an unexpected arc
– Open the cooling water valve.
– Slowly open the gas valve to avoid damaging the pressure relief valve.
– Make sure the welding torch and start the machine.
– When the welding machine is turned on, check the return line to ensure that the cooling water line is working properly.
Then check the Argon flow by turning off the gas valve.
– Once the air valve has been opened, adjust the air flow to meet the required air flow.
Once the above steps have been completed, check the ability to safely shut off the device before proceeding to induce arc.
4. Turn off the device:
The welder should know the safe shutdown process, including the following steps:
– The welding torch is placed in a position that can not cause arc.
– Tighten the protective gas valve on the gas bottle by hand.
– Open the gas valve on the welding machine to exhaust all the gas on the pipe.
– Disconnect the coolant.
– Open the water valve on the machine to drain all out.
– Turn off the welding machine by turning off the power or shut down the machine.
Practical aluminum welding:
– Know what is welding and welding aluminum
– Understand the rules in welding.
Welding applies mainly to aluminum welding with a thickness of 0.8 – 3.2mm. Larger thickness can also be solder Tig, but the economic effect is not high. The Tig welders need to be skilled in using a milling machine, especially with two hands at a time.
Preparation of welding machine:
AC welding machines should be used because AC arcs push the oxide layer on the surface.
When welding aluminum should choose Zirconium electrodes – Tungsten good because they are less contamination and resistant to higher currents despite the higher price.
Prepare the torch :
– If welding with low current (less than 100A), just use air-cooled welding torch. In case of using larger welding currents (100 – 250A), water-cooled welding needles and special handles should be used.
In aluminum welding, argon is considered the best protective gas. In areas where there is insufficient protection gas, the weld will be black due to air infiltration. Consequently, the welders need to maintain adequate air flow even when the weld is turned off.
The welders need to clean the aluminum surface before causing arc to ensure that the weld is not mixed with oxide. Cleaning methods with stainless steel brushes or corrosion-resistant coatings are usually applied.
Ensure safety during welding:
It should be fully equipped with labor protection such as: long sleeves, gloves, hats, mask protection. The mask needs a good color filter.
The poor assembly leads to the solder is deflected in the welding process, not welded, which makes the quality of welding is not high. Therefore, it is necessary to weld several points before welding completely, ensuring that the edges of the welds are held together in parallel during welding.
Posture when soldering and opening:
The best position is still soldier stomach. This position is convenient for the welders easily manipulated, both cost savings and good weld quality.